JCD designed and built a 185,000 sq ft, seven storey private hospital, being one of the most modern and up to date facilities in Europe. Involving a total investment of over €90 million, it is the first new private hospital to open in Cork since 1918, attracting some of Corks’ leading consultants.
Some of the key features of the hospital are:
- 75 single in-patient rooms
- 4 ultra-clean operating theatres, 12 bay recovery areas and an intensive care unit
- 25 day procedure beds, 2 endoscopic theatres and recovery MRI
- Full radiology facilities including MRI, X-Ray, CT and Cath Laboratory
- State of the art IT system and the latest infection control technology
- 12 stand-alone consultant suites
- The hospital is operated by Ireland’s leading private hospital group, The Mater Private, and is at the heart of a healthcare campus at City Gate in Mahon.
Also located in the healthcare campus is:
- VHI Swiftcare Clinic
- City Gate Specialist Dental Clinic
- St. Patrick’s Hospital
- Sims IVF